Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shorty Got Fat

Tom just asked me if my fancy little weight tracker on the side of the blog also tracked weight gain...as I shoved a handful or four of Goldfish into my fat little face.

Very funny.

Besides I did not officially start yet. It's not 'official-official' until I get weighed in at Weight Watchers next Wednesday at 6 pm. I am not saying I am going to gorge myself until then. I am pretty darn close to my 9 month pregnancy weight (but not pregnant so, well, at least it's not all in my stomach. It's in my butt, thighs and hips, too!) so I am beyond wanting to pig out on sweets (says the girl who bought 3 containers of candy at Trader Joe's on Tuesday night--almond coconut things, dark chocolate caramels and some kind of delicious fruit gel things--because I have had my eye on them since the beginning of time and never, ever would have allowed myself to buy them because I would eat them all so I did it spontaneously knowing that it all had to stop.) After that.

I am beyond beating myself up for allowing myself to get so overweight. I am also trying to get beyond beating myself up for being overweight. I am who I am. But I want to be a better me. I want to lose this extra weight so I am more comfortable with myself and so I will someday be an old lady skiing down a mountain with my grandkids.

So here's the plan:

Go back to Weight Watchers meetings (at least to jump start myself)
Start back at the gym in September when the kids are back in school (kick boxing, strength)
Yoga on Wednesday mornings at 6:00 am

That's all for now since if I over plan, I'll end up doing nothing. Eat less, move more.

PS I do have to confess that I keep looking at the little chicken on the weight tracker to see if I have lost any weight yet.

5 comments:

  1. Julie, I am so glad that you let meknow that you were over here....you are off to a great start....a plan!!! I love a plan, what is the saying??? Oh, "Fail to plan, plan to fail", I needed so much help in the beginning...like I couldn't have trigger foods in the house because I wanted to eat them all, I couldn't come home from work and sit down on the couch, I had to go into the bedroom and workout....the list was long but somehow I am within 5 punds of my goal weight. You will get there too and I will be cheering you on all the way!!!!

    I'm so excited for you, by the way, who knew you were so tiny....I'm 5'10"...you and Mrs.F are pretty close in size, I think. Anyway, good luck on this new chapter. Love to you and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiki-
    Thanks so much. You are always so supportive! Love to you, too. By the way, you look fantastic (from photos on your blog:) ) Good for you! It is such an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I know exactly where you are coming from. I have definitely done the buy all the crap that you'll never get again thing before you start. Ugh.

    LOL at looking at the chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I followed you over from...well, I don't know...but I'm currently trying to lose the weight I gained over the summer and all these motivational ladies/blogs are really, really helping so thank you for being brave and putting this all out there!

    BTW, I did the same thing with the treats from Trader Joe's before I got Serious. It was worth it, too. :-)

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, seriously...I keep checking the chicken to see if it has moved! still.

    Ms. Flusterate (melissa), hi! thanks so much for the comment. Aren't these blog-girls great....they help me out so much, too. Well, I get serious starting this week. Hopefully that little chicken will move, but it is all about getting back to basics to start. Good luck to you, too. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete