Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Chicken is Moving!!

I went to my first weigh-in and I am down 3.6 pounds and that is with Aunt Flo (thanks Heather for the funny lingo) presently visiting. Another really good meeting. I think I have really lucked out with this group and leader. Everyone is so committed.

First day of school for the boys. Everything went well until Murphy got to school. He was nervous about going to school. I dropped him off and parked so I could go in and drop off all of their school supplies. Huge amount of people in the hallway waiting to go their classrooms. I spot Jack and ask him where Murphy is. He says, he asked to go to the bathroom. Uh oh. That can only mean one thing...he is the nurse's office. Poor kid threw up...he totally wills it. The nurse knew it was first day of school jitters, but was a little concerned by the color of the vomit. She had me come to the bathroom to check it out (sorry...it is not as gross as it sounds like it is going to be). I knew what the problem would be. The vomit was a purple-blue. My kids eat super healthy foods 90% of the time. I always get a super special sugar cereal for the first week of school. Today it was Boo-Berry cereal, which they love. Anyone remember that cereal? It is a blue box with a silly ghost on the package. I know I am getting older and more relaxed as a parent since I didn't feel the need to let the nurse know all of the other healthy foods my kids ate this morning and that this was 'special', etc. I didn't feel judged, nor did I care. I guess that is progress as parent and as a person. I know I am a good mom even with the occasional 'candy-like' cereal:)

Anyway, he eventually made it to class after lounging on one of the beds in the nurse's office. His teacher is FANTASTIC. Jack also had a great day and has the best 4th grade teacher at the school...so I have been told.

Yay on the chicken moving! I had to adjust how much weight I am aiming to lose to follow what my initial weigh-in weight was at WW.

5 comments:

  1. 1. 3.6? Wow. WOW. What a great way to start! And with Aunt Flo in town? Pretty sure that's an actual loss of like 12 pounds (for me anyway).

    2. Yay for boo-berry's! We do the same thing whenever we have out-of-town guests (but usually with lucky charms)
    Poor Murphy on the first day of school though!

    3. So great to hear the boys have good teachers. Doesn't it make a huge difference in everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great loss! You are on your way!!!!

    My youngest is also a first day (or two) of school puker. She starts 7th grade Tuesday and over the years we've learned--no breakfast the first day or two--she's ruined many first day of school outfits--glad I am not alone in this drama! She thinks she's the only one who pukes in this situation.

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoooo, Julie!! That is so fantastic (the weigh in, not the vomit.) Go, chicken, go!!

    Poor Murphy. I hope he's not nervous today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " I know I am getting older and more relaxed as a parent since I didn't feel the need to let the nurse know all of the other healthy foods my kids ate this morning and that this was 'special', etc. I didn't feel judged, nor did I care. I guess that is progress as parent and as a person."

    I bow to you. Seriously. I am really trying to get there myself.

    And congrats on the huge loss!

    ReplyDelete